Clinical Research Services:
Toronto Liver Centre has been involved in clinical research in the area of Hepatitis B, C, fatty liver and GI diseases such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, GERD and IBS for the past 18 years. The pace of, and progress in, hepatitis C virus (HCV) drug development are astonishing. In April 2011, proof-of-concept for safe, effective, HCV treatment was announced. Since then, numerous trials have confirmed that hepatitis C virus is curable with direct-acting antivirals (DAAs), regardless of HCV treatment history, cirrhosis, or host genotype. We have collaborated in the past with major pharmaceutical companies such as Gilead Sciences, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AbbVie, GlaxoSmithKline, Hoffmann LaRoche, Merck, etc., Our mission is to provide high quality and reliable data to the pharmaceutical companies striving to advance today's medicine, while rigorously maintaining the safety, well-being and confidentiality of our patients.
Our Clinical Research Services consists of qualified investigator, sub-investigators, staff and trainees who conduct clinical research, and provide advice, support, materials and resources for the above mentioned clinical research studies.
Our professional staff is qualified to conduct the most complex of clinical trials. Our qualified research staff consists of trained physicians, research nurses, coordinators and laboratory technicians that are ready to guide and support you during duration of a study doing and not limited to the following:
• Collaborating with the study team and with patients and their families to implement protocol-specific procedures, from screening to study
• Ongoing education of patients, families and ancillary departments to facilitate compliance with the study protocol
• Assessing patient adverse events, using knowledge, skill and judgment to determine dose-limiting toxicity, maximum tolerated dose and
disease response in collaboration with the Principal Investigator.
• Documenting assessments, interventions and evaluations in adherence to ICH GCP, research clinic SOP and standards and College of
Nurses of Ontario.
• Advocating for the ethical care of clinical trial patients
• Participating in professional development activities to ensure ongoing competency in clinical trials and nursing practice